Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Padres Down Royals 8-3

The Padres beat the Royals yesterday 8-3. Chip Ambres hit two solo home runs and Jeremy Affeldt gave up two solo home runs.

After the game, I liked what Ambres had to say in this article: "I figured something out in 2004 and last year kind of carried it over," Ambres said. "This year, I'm trying to be consistent. I'm not a home run hitter. My job is just to drive in runs when they are there and just get on base and score anyway."

Now we need people like Angel Berroa and Ruben Gotay to embrace the same philosophy. Unfortunately, Ambres learned this philosophy while playing for the Red Sox. I know it's early in camp still, but Berroa has played four games and hasn't walked once yet. How many more games do you think he'll play before he draws his first walk considering that he only walked 18 times in 159 games last season?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics