Friday, March 06, 2009

Change of Directions

I have been thinking about the format of this blog for some time and it’s time for me to make some changes. Most of what I’ve have done here over the past several years is game analysis. But in reality, you can get that at MLB.com, the Kansas City Star website, ESPN, and various other media outlets. When I look at the “Noteworty Posts” section on the right side of the page, I see posts that are more human interest driven than anything else. And, as a writer, that’s what I do best. So, going forward, that’s what I’m going to do here. 

I’ll do some general analysis, focus on team stories (both on and off the field), and I’ll continue the “How I Became a Royals Fan” series. If you are interested in participating in that series, drop me an email. You can see examples of previous posts in that series by checking out that section on the right side of the blog.

When you go to see the Royals play this season, I’d love it if you would send me a few of your best photos so I can post them here. The photos can be of the stadium (which would be especially cool since the renovation will be completed), of players, or of you and your friends having a good time at the game—preferably all three.

I really want to provide a more unique Royals environment for you than you’ve experienced here in the past. I don’t have a specific posting schedule in mind, but if you subscribe via email or RSS feed (see the top right hand side of the page) you’ll be sure to catch all of the posts. And if you have any ideas about what you’d like to see here at Royal Reflections in the future, leave me a comment.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics