Friday, January 08, 2010

Talking baseball with Ryan McGee

The Road to Omaha: Hits, Hopes, and History at the College World SeriesYesterday I had a chance to interview Ryan McGee, a senior writer for ESPN the Magazine and the author of “The Road to Omaha: Hits, Hopes, and History at the College World Series,” published by Thomas Dunne Books in 2008. He told me some great stores about the College World Series. Here's one of them:

"A former Miami Hurricane bat girl from the 1980s sent me the most unbelievable note," McGee said "and told me that Coach Ron Fraser – the great coach who built the Miami program in the 70s and 80s – has been very sick, really for the last year, and when the book came out last spring, the former Miami Hurricane bat girls took turns sitting by Coach Fraser's bed reading the book out loud to him. When I hear things like that it just absolutely takes me aback."

We also talked about the Omaha Royals, the Omaha area in general, Rosenblatt Stadium and the new stadium. Here's a link to the Q & A if you are interested.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics