Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sweeney Takes Air Swings

Mike Sweeney was asked yesterday in the clubhouse about his health. Here's some of what he said…

What do you have going on today?

"I swung a lousy bat today and it felt great."

When are you expected back?

"I don't know."

What's a lousy bat?

"There's no ball marks on it, so it's lousy. I was able to just take air swings today. Hopefully I can get back soon. I miss my teammates and I miss contributing and I miss being around the guys. I hope that today is just the beginning of the race and hopefully the race will be not a marathon. And I'll be back in the clubhouse soon."

Was it pain free?

"Pain free. Yes."

How many air swings did you do?

"I think about 30 or 40. I think my little two year-old took more swings than I did today."

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics