Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Fred White and the Royals Hall of Fame

Speaking about Fred White--in Jeffrey Flanagan’s column today in the KC Star, Flanagan asked White if he ever thought about being inducted into the Royals Hall of Fame. He said that he knew that Royals management has never thought about him in those terms and he’s okay with that.

Then, listen to what he said:
“Don't get me wrong: If the Royals ever decided to put me in the Hall, I wouldn't turn it down. But to be honest, I think I'd have trouble knowing that some uniform guys like Mark Gubicza and John Wathan aren't in the Hall, and here I am, calling the games in an air-conditioned booth, got in.”
Fred White is another classy guy (like Denny Matthews) that we should be proud to call our own.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics