Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Sweeney heads to DL with herniated disk

For the first time this season, Mike Sweeney is headed for the DL. And he might just remain there for the rest of the season.

Sweeney told Bob Dutton of the KC Star that:
“I'm hoping to be back in a couple of weeks,” Sweeney said, “but I don't know. Having a herniated disk, it could be a lot like last year. I could miss the last five weeks.” “It's killing me. I watched the game (Monday), and it made me sick to see us struggling and not be able to do anything about it.”
This season is a wash. But aren’t you interested to see what Calvin Pickering could do over the five weeks? Matt Stairs would probably play first base most of the time and Pickering will take over Sweeney’s DH spot. When Harvey comes off the DL the line up would need to be jumbled a little, but Stairs would return to the outfield and one of the younger guys could sit.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics