Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tony Pena to Succeed Torre?

How sweet would it be if the evil Yankees hired Tony Pena? Pena is convinced that he did a great job in Royal blue and he feels like he's grown in his ability since going to New York. Here's his exact quote: "There's no question that just being around Joe, I learned so much from him. I know I did a great job in K.C., but the two years that I've spent in New York working from Joe Torre helped me a lot and made me a better manager."

I would love to see Pena become Joe Torre's successor. Pena is reportedly third in line behind Don Mattingly and Joe Girardi, but how much fun would it be to watch Pena routinely pull his bizarre managerial stunts in Yankee pinstripes? How would the likes of Derek Jeter or A-Rod react if Pena danced in the shower with his uniform on after a losing streak? Or if he declared that the Yankees were going to win the East while they were eighteen games out of first place? Or if he called for four bunts in a row from guys who can't bunt? Of if he pitched around horrible hitters to get to clean up hitters? Remember those days? I sure do.

Please, oh please, let it happen in New York!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics