Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hochevar Impressive in Debut

Luke Hochevar made his debut yesterday with the Burlington Bees and he didn’t disappoint those in attendance. He didn’t allow any hits in the two innings he pitched and he hit 94-95 on the radar gun.

“I threw my fastball, change-up and curveball,” Hochevar is quoted as saying in an article on the Royals website. “I was able to get into counts where I can use all my pitches. That was really the key, where I could sharpen all my pitches and get into that mode.”

Optimism is certainly running high in the Royals’ organization regarding Hochevar. Here’s a little blurb from an article in the Star today from another article about Hochevar: “Royals general manager Dayton Moore says Hochevar ‘has a chance to be one of the faces of this organization.’ Pitching coach Bob McClure says Hochevar has major-league stuff—right now.”

And the optimism doesn’t stop with Moore and McClure. Listen to this:

“There’s no doubt Kansas City can win a World Series, and I want to be part of that someday,” Hochevar said. “I hope I can be part of that someday. I’m going to do everything in my will to make that happen. Lots of people may laugh at that, the way the team’s going, but that’s what I believe.

“Nothing can be accomplished unless you buy into it and believe in it and sell yourself out to it.”

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics