Thursday, August 31, 2006

Royals Extend Contract with Omaha

Growing up in Omaha, the Omaha Royals have always been part of my life. My mom used to take my sister and I to games. I went to games with various civic groups, like the Cub Scouts, and I’ve gone to many games with friends. Since I’ve been a Kansas City fan all this time, the association that Omaha has with Kansas City has been perfect. I’ve been able to see up and coming talent for the past several decades before guys actually play in Kansas City.

That’s why I was so glad to see this story: Omaha Partnership with KC Extended Through 2008. The article includes the following cool piece of information: “Omaha has been the top-level farm club for Kansas City ever since the Royals entered the American League as an expansion franchise in the 1969 season. The partnership, which will reach 40 years at the end of the new PDC extension, is tied for the second-longest affiliation at the Triple-A level and is tied for the fourth-longest in all of Minor League Baseball.”

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics