Friday, August 18, 2006

Royals Gaining Respect?

Seems that the Royals are gaining the respect of a couple of major league managers. Click here to read all of the comments made by Ozzie Guillen and Jim Leyland. Here’s a little taste, from Leyland:

“I've been telling everybody since the All-Star Game [that] Kansas City is going to be better, they’re going to give people fits,” Leyland said. “Nobody listened to me. They didn’t believe me. All year long I heard this stuff, ‘You haven’t played anybody.’ Well, we played the same Kansas City that just beat [up] Boston.

“Kansas City is hungry. They’re out to prove things. They’re a very dangerous team. You say these things and the writers go, ‘Aw, c’mon.’ I respect Kansas City, and I’ll guarantee that Boston does too.”

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics