After the Royals lost their fourth game in a row last night, I began to hear comments like “Same old Royals.” No, not really, but fair-weather fans can’t know the difference. That’s the problem with being fair-weather. So, while in the midst of losing streak, let me offer some reasons not jump off the bandwagon:
1. Jumping off is unbecoming. You are either a fan or not. Choose one.
2. Zack Greinke. Enough said.
3. Losing streaks are part of the game. Just relax.
4. The starting rotation. It’s deep and relatively solid.
5. Depth. The Royals are over .500 without Alex Gordon and with an injured Joakim Soria.
6. David DeJesus will hit. He always does.
7. Alberto Callaspo and Willie Bloomquist. Pleasant surprises; fun to watch.
8. Jamey Wright, Juan Cruz, and Robinson Tejeda. Their ERAs are under 2.00.
9. National attention. Now that the national press is learning how to pronounce our players’ names, it would be good if they saw fans in the stands supporting said players.
10. It’s Major League Baseball. Don’t take it for granted or you might lose it one day.