Monday, August 24, 2009

Twins sweep the Royals

Game Date: August 23, 2009
Minnesota @ Kansas City
Twins 10, Royals 3 / Box Score
WP: Pavano (11-9), LP: Bannister (7-10)
KC Home Runs: None
Royals Record: 47-76 / Record in August 7-14

Thankfully, I didn’t see this game either. I was at Rosenblatt Stadium watching the Omaha Royals split a double header, but I kept GameDay up on my computer and followed the game in Kansas City. I turned away from it for a couple of minutes and came back to see an 8-run inning by the Twins and I automatically thought it must have been a break down by the bullpen and our defense yet again.

True to form, as I began reading accounts of the game it sounded like the defense made multiple mistakes. And I saw that Kyle Farnsworth gave up five runs on five hits in one inning. With 13 pitchers on hand I’m not sure why you let a guy get beat up like that, but in the big scheme of things it doesn’t really matter. The Royals are now officially on pace to lose 100 games again this season. If they do, this will be a giant step backward for Dayton Moore.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics