Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Angels Hit Brazelton Hard

Game Date: March 12, 2007
Angels 11, Royals 4 / Box Score
Royals Spring Training Record: 6-7

Gil Meche got the start for the Royals in this one. He went four innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits. He had four strikeouts and no walks. The two runs he gave up game on a home run in the fourth inning when he left a slider up in the zone. He’s liking what he sees regarding his new delivery that McClure has him working on.

“I’m slowly working into this new delivery they’re trying to get me into, as far as not landing on my heel,” Meche is quoted as saying on the Royals website. “And I tell you, when I do it, it’s something good to see. The ball jumps out of my hand, throwing strikes, getting ahead of hitters.”

His 2.57 ERA is probably better than anybody expected it to be. Now let’s hope that he can find the same amount of success in the regular season.

I’m guessing that Dewon Brazelton’s shot at the rotation is gone after his outing yesterday. He gave up six earned runs in one inning and his ERA rose to 15.00.

Alex Gordon pinch ran for Sweeney and he got to hit once, going 0-for-1. Esteban German was 2-for-3 and Joey Gathright was 2-for-2. You have to hand it to Gathright. For a guy who doesn’t hit much, he’s at .400 right now.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics