Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gordon's Two-Run Shot Lifts Royals

Game Date: August 1, 2007
Royals 5, Twins 3

I'm writing this post from my Blackberry so it won't look like other game posts, but how could I not write about this game?

Just hours after learning that Buddy Bell was stepping down at the end of the season, Alex Gordon hit a two-run home run in the tenth inning to lift the Royals to victory.

Brian Bannister made a gutty performance and Zack Greinke was downright nasty in relief. I thought that the Royals might give this one away though after Joey Gathright misplayed a second line drive in the middle innings, but they found a way to overcome it.

The game was overshadowed by a bridge that collapsed outisde of the Metrodome. I haven't heard any details yet but the video I saw didn't look good. Thoughts and prayers go out to those involved in the accident.

The game tomorrow afternoon was cancelled as a result and it'll be made up later in the season.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics