Thursday, February 22, 2007

Matthews Wins Ford C. Frick Award

I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Denny Matthews has just been named the 2007 winner of the Ford C. Frick Award for broadcasting excellence. He'll be honored in Cooperstown on July 29, 2007. You can read more about the award and the process by reading this article on the Royals website.

I’ve been listening to Matthews for the past twenty-eight years (since I was 12). He’s been the voice of the Royals all across the Midwest for longer than many Royals’ fans have been alive. And I can’t imagine the Royals Radio Network without him. I bet you can’t either.

I’ve met Denny a couple of times while working on assignment for different publications and he’s just as personable as you might imagine. And now, after being bypassed for too long, the baseball world has acknowledged something we've known for decades-- Matthews is Hall of Fame material. Congrats Denny!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics